Incident Report

Section One - Personal & Personnel Information

Full Name: Devo Hopkins
Department Rank: Probationary Firefighter
Unit: Quint 1
Incident Commander (If any): SUPR Price
Time of incident: 19:50
Date: 03/21/2020
Employee's Involved: SUPR Price, SUPR Matthews, SUPR Herrera, FFIII Brooks, FFI Montgomery, PFF Walker

Section Two - Incident Information

Type of Incident (You can select more than one):
[✘] Motor Vehicle Accident
[✓] Structure Fire
[✘] Brush Fire
[✘] Fire Alarm/CO Alarm
[✘] Other (specify):

Section Three - Units Involved

Units involved (Other than yourself): Engine 1, Engine 11, USAR 2, Tender 2

Section Four - Narrative

Narrative of Incident: Received a radio call at approximately 19:50 for an active Structure fire @ 6 Lamond View in Fort Carson. Enroute we were advised that there was 1 person in the house. We arrived on scene to a fully engulfed house and checked in with command. FFIII Brooks and I were assigned to Primary search. After donning our SCBA we initiated entry. We entered the building from the south side. Upon entry we we made our way around the perimeter of the first room and into a second when we could hear someone yelling from below. We made our way through until we entered what appeared to be a bedroom. We discovered a false wall door that was stuck closed and FFIII Brooks proceeded to pry the door open. A man crawled up from what appeared to be a basement or crawl space. He assured us that it was just him and he way okay and we proceeded to make our way out. We assisted the man safely outside he was briefly checked out and then interviewed. Brooks and I were assigned to horizontal ventilation along with SUPR Herrera who was on the North side. Brooks took the west side windows and doors, and I took the east side. After completing ventilation we started attacking the west side, Supervisor Price then directed us to started attacking the roof and the east side. Brook operated Quint while I started attacking the east side. After approximately 25 minutes of constant water the fire was extinguished. Brooks and I were then assigned to overhaul. We used a thermal camera to check problem areas and began exposing sections of the walls, no spots were found. We made an initial search in the new found basement checking under the floors when we came across what appeared to be yet another false wall. We wanted to verify there were no hot spots under the floor above so proceeded with entry. Upon entry we discovered several pots of what appeared to be marijuana plants. We reported the discovery and proceeded to scan the room with the thermal camera. We exited the building not finding any hot spots. We packed up and returned to base.

Section Five - Disclaimer and Signature

I, Devo Hopkins, certify that all information submitted within this incident report is valid and true to the fullest extent of my knowledge. I understand that, if it is found that any information is false, forged, fraudulent or otherwise invalid I may be discharged from the Red County Fire Department based on the severity of the invalidity of the information.

Signature:Image

Emery Rodriguez
Civilian
RC-RP Forum Name: Buffalowildwings03

Re: Devo Hopkins | Incident Report #20032101

Postby Emery Rodriguez » 21 Mar 2020, 19:58

INCIDENT REPORT

Supervisor Notes1.0: Supervisor name: Pear Price
1.1: Supervisor comments: Good size up, thank you for the report.
1.2: Supervisor signature:

tag

Advanced Life Support

Recruitment & Training - Director

Field Training Officer

Emery Rodriguez
Civilian
RC-RP Forum Name: Buffalowildwings03

Re: Devo Hopkins | Incident Report #20032101

Postby Emery Rodriguez » 29 Mar 2020, 00:17

This topic has been locked and/or archived.

Advanced Life Support

Recruitment & Training - Director

Field Training Officer

Return to “Archive”