Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

The current Fire Chief is Wallace Mundell.
Newsroom | Fire Marshal's Office | File a Complaint | Commend and Employee
Fire Department

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Postby Fire Department » 22 Dec 2023, 06:03

WALLACE MUNDELL
Fire Chief
Image10 Palomino Way
Palomino Creek, SA

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)

Q: Who is the Fire Chief of the Red County Fire Department?
A: The chief incumbent is Wallace Mundell.

Q: Where can I get first aid classes?
A: The RCFD handles first aid, CPR and AED training for the public. If you are interested, click here for more information.

Q: What do firefighters do when they are not on calls fighting fires?
A: Training takes up a good deal of their time when they are not on call. Firefighters are required to have several hours of emergency-related training each month. Firefighters also participate in fire safety inspections and drive the community to become familiar with the area to reduce response time during incidents. Firefighters must also check and maintain their equipment and clean and maintain their stations.

Q: When I go on vacation, should I let the fire department know?
A: Contact your local law enforcement agency when leaving for vacation. Leave an emergency number with your neighbors where you can be contacted in case the RCFD must respond to an incident at your home. Also leave a key with a responsible party and let the RCFD know who the party is in case we have to gain access to your home while you are gone.

Q: What kind of fire extinguisher should I buy?
A: Homeowners should buy an extinguisher that can handle class A-B-C fires. They should be designed to extinguish fires that usually occur in homes; including wood, paper, flammable liquids and electrical fires.

Q: Why do I have to dial 9-1-1? Can't I call the fire station direct and save time?
A: The 9-1-1 emergency system is designed to save valuable seconds. When you dial 9-1-1, the system routes the police or fire unit that is closest to your home. Fire stations are not properly equipped to take emergency calls and calling the station directly actually wastes response time.
Last edited by Jamie Cole on 05 Feb 2024, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Up to date formatting.
Fire Chief Wallace Mundell
Red County Fire Department — "In Service of Others"

Serving the Cities of: Blueberry • Dillimore • Montgomery • Palomino Creek • and Unincorporated Areas of Red County

Return to “Reception”