Job Posting: Firefighter Trainee [OPEN]

This is where you can find various information relating to employment as operations staff like our Firefighters, such as entry level applications, reinstatement requests, and lateral transfers.
Forum rules
Fire Department

Job Posting: Firefighter Trainee [OPEN]

Postby Fire Department » 15 Jun 2019, 03:52

WALLACE MUNDELL
Fire Chief
Image10 Palomino Way
Palomino Creek, SA

The Red County Fire Department
Invites Applications For The Position Of:

FIREFIGHTER TRAINEE

OPEN
An Equal Opportunity Employer

CLOSING DATE:
    Continuous

ANNUAL SALARY:
    $65,521.00 - $95,672.00

ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
    Responds to alarms as a member of a fire apparatus crew, connects and lays fire hose lines; enters burning areas and structures with charged hose lines, operates and climbs fire ladders, participates in the rescue of persons trapped in burning buildings; renders first aid; opens up structural impediments which interfere with firefighting operations utilizing various manual and power equipment; ventilates buildings to relieve smoke heat and gases.

Participates in a wide range of emergency and rescue activities, including emergency medical services, extraction, heavy rescue and others.

Participates in regular training activities and exercises; assists in making fire inspections and fire prevention activities.

Participates in building, grounds and equipment maintenance; inspects, cleans and repairs fire hoses and equipment; performs minor construction work; performs general housekeeping duties in fire station.

Responds to emergency paramedic calls as part of a crew; drives an emergency rescue vehicle; operates emergency equipment; relays vital signs by radio to doctor at base station and gives emergency treatment and medication under doctors' orders; immobilizes patient and transports to emergency medical facility.

Assists in the investigation of fire causes and the preservation of evidence when a fire is of a suspicious origin; prepares reports and may testify in court as to the findings.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
    • Must be at least 18 years of age;
    • Possession of a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED);
    • No experience required;
    • Possession of valid GVL-1 and GVL-2 Driver Licenses or out of state equivalent.
    (( No recent or excessive admin record on any character. Recent is typically defined as one month/30 days, with excessive records being determined case-to-case; ))
    (( Use of Discord platform; ))
    (( Possession of at least one character that is Level 3 or over; ))
    (( Ability to roleplay in a realistic fashion with proper portrayal of a U.S. firefighter. ))

SELECTION PROCEDURES:
    1. ONLINE APPLICATION: Recruitment & Training Division will screen all applications for minimum qualifications as listed above.

2. ORAL INTERVIEW: An interview is held for the candidate with randomized questions by a Recruitment & Training officer, which will be held at a fire station designated by the recruitment officer.

3. PHYSICAL FITNESS ASSESSMENT: Candidate must complete a comprehensive Pre-Academy Physical Fitness Assessment.

4. MEDICAL EXAMINATION: Candidates selected for further consideration must pass a medical examination before beginning the Fire Academy. The medical exam is conducted through RCFD’s designated physician which includes drug and alcohol testing (( This step is NPC'ed )).

5. FIRE ACADEMY: Firefighter Trainees complete a 16-week classroom and physical fitness program that includes fire service training (( This step is NPC'ed )).

6. EXAMINATIONS: Firefighter Trainees attend National Registry Emergency Medical Technician Examination (NREMT) and Fire and Rescue Examination (F&R).

7. LOYALTY OATH: All new employees must take an oath of allegiance to the United States of America and the State of San Andreas.

APPLICATION GUIDELINES:
    PERSONAL INFORMATION (SECTION A)
    This section gathers personal information regarding a candidate, including the contact number and contact email to give an official response to a candidate's application. A1 should be completed with the candidate's official title, such as "Mr.", "Dr." or "Mrs." etc. A2 should be completed with the candidate's official first name, given or colloquial names will not be acceptable. A3 should be completed with any middle names that the candidate has. A4 should be completed with the candidate's last name or surname. A5 should be completed with the candidate's full contact number. A6 should be completed with the candidate's full, main email address. A7 should be completed with the candidate's date of birth in a format of 12/DEC/1991, 19/JUN/1994, etc. A8 should be completed with the candidate's official nationality. A9 should be completed with a yes or no statement on whether a candidate is able to legally work within the United States if they are not officially from the United States. A10 should be completed with a link to a recent criminal record check. (( This can be found on the main RCRP forums, and is provided by SASP within their own section. ))

EDUCATION & EMPLOYMENT (SECTION B)
    This section gathers information on the candidate's education and employment history. All information given within this section will undergo an investigation via a formal background check, including contacting previous employers and academical institutes for references regarding candidates. B1 should be completed with the highest level of education that a candidate has received. Higher education refers to university-level education or education that grants a qualification upon completion. Secondary education refers to a simple high school diploma. B2 should be completed with every qualification that a candidate has. Answer fields can be added or removed appropriately. B3 should be completed with the name of the high school attended by the candidate. B4 should be completed with the university attended by the candidate, if applicable. B5 should be completed with a yes or no statement on whether the candidate is still in employment and has not completed a formal resignation prior to submitting an application. B6 should be completed by the name of the candidate's previous or current employer. B7 should be completed with the contact number of the candidate's previous or current employer for reference purposes. B8 should be completed with the contact email of the candidate's previous or current employer for reference purposes. B9 should be completed with the official job title of the candidate's previous employment experience. B10 is a narrative question and should be completed with a short explanation of what the candidate was expected to do within their job. B11 should be completed with a yes or no statement on whether the candidate is in possession of a National EMS Certification from the NREMT.

STATEMENT (SECTION C)
    Candidates are expected to complete a personal statement within their application. The personal statement should include optimal English skills, such as basic paragraphing and sentence structure. The character limit for all personal statements is 2,000 words, with no minimum character limit being imposed. Candidates are expected to give application examiners an overview of themselves and their linkage between themselves and the career of a firefighter. Candidates should take this opportunity to convince an application examiner of their competence, capability, and condition. Ideas for a personal statement consist of your education, work experience, motivation, extra-curricular activities, awards, certifications, training, and personality. The personal statement will ultimately decide the outcome of an application, and candidates are expected to put a high amount of effort and detail into their personal statement. Plagiarising in this section will result in a permanent blacklist from the department (( both ICly and OOCly )).

DECLARATION (SECTION D)
    This section requires a signature from the candidate, as well as the completion of their first name and last name in the declaration content. Completing this declaration is essential to continuing the recruitment process as it serves as an indication of what the candidate agrees to if their application is processed. (( Candidates are expected to generate an image signature, which can be done here. ))

(( OOC SECTION (SECTION E) ))
    This section gathers information on a candidate from an OOC perspective. E1should be completed with the candidate's master account name. E2 should be completed with the candidate's RCRP main forum name. E3 should be completed with a screen of adminrecord via User Control Panel (redcountyrp.com). DO NOT EDIT THE SCREENSHOT. E4 should be completed with an explanation of the candidate's admin record. E5 should be completed with a yes or no statement. If answered yes, candidates must state which other faction(s) they're currently part of, including unofficial factions. E6 allows for any additional comments from the candidate, including whether or not they have any OOC experience from other servers, or any real life experience in firefighting, rescue or EMS.
Fire Chief Wallace Mundell
Red County Fire Department — "In Service of Others"

Serving the Cities of: Blueberry • Dillimore • Montgomery • Palomino Creek • and Unincorporated Areas of Red County

Fire Department

Re: Job Bulletin — RECRUITMENT INFORMATION [OPEN]

Postby Fire Department » 08 Jan 2024, 21:27

WALLACE MUNDELL
Fire Chief
Image10 Palomino Way
Palomino Creek, SA

FIREFIGHTER TRAINEE - APPLICATION

SECTION A: PERSONAL INFORMATION

A1: Title: Answer
A2: First name: Answer
A3: Middle name(s): Answer
A4: Last name: Answer

A5: Contact number: Answer
A6: Contact email: Answer
A7: Date of birth: DD/MMM/YYYY

A8: Nationality: Answer
A9: Are you legally able to work in the United States?: Answer
A10: Criminal record link: Answer

SECTION B: EDUCATION & EMPLOYMENT

B1: Highest level of education achieved: Answer
B2: All current qualifications:
  • Answer
  • Answer
  • Answer
B3: High school attended: Answer
B4: University attended (if applicable): Answer

B5: Are you still currently in employment?: Answer
B6: Company name: Answer
B7: Contact number: Answer
B8: Contact email: Answer
B9: Job title: Answer
B10: Job duties: Answer

B11: Do you currently hold a National EMS Certification?: Answer

SECTION C: PERSONAL STATEMENT

C1: Why do you wish to join the Red County Fire Department? (Minimum of 100s words):

SECTION D: DECLARATION

I, Firstname Lastname, certify that all information submitted within this application is valid and true to the fullest extent of my knowledge. I certify that the entire application was written and completed by myself with no assistance from anybody else. I understand that, if it is found that any information is false, forged, fraudulent or otherwise invalid I may be blacklisted from the Red County Fire Department based on the severity of the invalidity of the information. I understand that copying any other application is prohibited and doing so will result in my blacklist. I understand the intensity of the Red County Fire Department fitness test and I have fully prepared for it before submitting this application. I also understand that if any injury is acquired within the test, it is due to my lack of preparation rather than the supervisor's lack of ability or experience. I promise to put every ounce of effort that I have into the department for the benefit of the State of San Andreas and anything other than such will result in my forced departure. I will attend my interview, fitness test, academy sessions and any subsequent scheduled events, courses or training sessions promptly and punctually. If I don't, I understand that I may be removed from the department due to a lack of trustworthiness to fulfil scheduled event attendance. I understand that the department has protocols and I promise to learn and adhere to them strictly and without failure. If I do fail, I will be punished accordingly but will not let such punishment affect my abilities as a firefighter. I understand that I am able to gain rewards within the department but promise to never ask for such rewards. I also understand that those who receive rewards are worthy of such in the eyes of superior ranks and will not hold jealousy over such employees. I promise to never hold a grudge with anybody in the department and if one begins to develop I promise to approach a supervisor with my concerns in a professional and formal manner. I understand that I will be under probation for the first year (( two weeks )) of my career where I will be more susceptible to receiving harsh disciplinary action, however, I promise to put in the same amount of effort regardless of any underlying effects including my probationary period. I promise to never misrepresent the department in any way and I understand that doing so will result in my immediate removal (( both IC and OOC )). I also understand that I may be removed for any reason deemed suitable by a superior and, if I feel as though a removal is unnecessary, I will take it to a person with a higher ranking inside of the department such as a Chief through a disciplinary hearing, but I promise to not attempt to appeal any decision made against me without the usage of the disciplinary hearing system. I pledge my utmost loyalty to the Red County Fire Department and Fire Chief WALLACE MUNDELL, as well as the rest of Line Officers and Chief Officers.

By signing below, I agree to all of the terms above.
SIGNATURE: [img]must%20be%20an%20image%20signature[/img][/size]

SECTION E: OOC INFORMATION

E1: Master account name: Answer
E2: Red County Roleplay forum name: Answer
E3: Real age: Answer

E4: Screenshot of adminrecord via User Control Panel (redcountyrp.com). DO NOT EDIT THE SCREENSHOT:
Spoiler: show
[img]Answer[/img]

E5: Explanation of any punishments on the prior screenshot: Answer

E6: Are you part of any other factions? If so, which?: Answer

E7: Level 3+ Character (/stats):

E8:Additional Comments: Answer[/font]

Code: Select all

[divbox=white][hr][/hr][center][header][/header]
[hr][/hr][size=200]FIREFIGHTER TRAINEE - APPLICATION[/center][/size][hr][/hr]

[b][u]SECTION A: PERSONAL INFORMATION[/u][/b]

[b]A1:[/b] Title: Answer
[b]A2:[/b] First name: Answer
[b]A3:[/b] Middle name(s): Answer
[b]A4:[/b] Last name: Answer

[b]A5:[/b] Contact number: Answer
[b]A6:[/b] Contact email: Answer
[b]A7:[/b] Date of birth: DD/MMM/YYYY

[b]A8:[/b] Nationality: Answer
[b]A9:[/b] Are you legally able to work in the United States?: Answer
[b]A10:[/b] Criminal record link: Answer

[b][u]SECTION B: EDUCATION & EMPLOYMENT[/u][/b]

[b]B1:[/b] Highest level of education achieved: Answer
[b]B2:[/b] All current qualifications:[list][*]Answer
[*]Answer
[*]Answer[/list]
[b]B3:[/b] High school attended: Answer
[b]B4:[/b] University attended (if applicable): Answer

[b]B5:[/b] Are you still currently in employment?: Answer
[b]B6:[/b] Company name: Answer
[b]B7:[/b] Contact number: Answer
[b]B8:[/b] Contact email: Answer
[b]B9:[/b] Job title: Answer
[b]B10:[/b] Job duties: Answer

[b]B11:[/b] Do you currently hold a National EMS Certification?: Answer

[b][u]SECTION C: PERSONAL STATEMENT[/u][/b]

[b]C1:[/b] Why do you wish to join the Red County Fire Department? (Minimum of 100s words):

[b][u]SECTION D: DECLARATION[/u][/b]

[size=85][justify]I, [b]Firstname Lastname[/b], certify that all information submitted within this application is valid and true to the fullest extent of my knowledge. I certify that the entire application was written and completed by myself with no assistance from anybody else. I understand that, if it is found that any information is false, forged, fraudulent or otherwise invalid I may be blacklisted from the Red County Fire Department based on the severity of the invalidity of the information. I understand that copying any other application is prohibited and doing so will result in my blacklist. I understand the intensity of the Red County Fire Department fitness test and I have fully prepared for it before submitting this application. I also understand that if any injury is acquired within the test, it is due to my lack of preparation rather than the supervisor's lack of ability or experience. I promise to put every ounce of effort that I have into the department for the benefit of the State of San Andreas and anything other than such will result in my forced departure. I will attend my interview, fitness test, academy sessions and any subsequent scheduled events, courses or training sessions promptly and punctually. If I don't, I understand that I may be removed from the department due to a lack of trustworthiness to fulfil scheduled event attendance. I understand that the department has protocols and I promise to learn and adhere to them strictly and without failure. If I do fail, I will be punished accordingly but will not let such punishment affect my abilities as a firefighter. I understand that I am able to gain rewards within the department but promise to never ask for such rewards. I also understand that those who receive rewards are worthy of such in the eyes of superior ranks and will not hold jealousy over such employees. I promise to never hold a grudge with anybody in the department and if one begins to develop I promise to approach a supervisor with my concerns in a professional and formal manner. I understand that I will be under probation for the first year (( two weeks )) of my career where I will be more susceptible to receiving harsh disciplinary action, however, I promise to put in the same amount of effort regardless of any underlying effects including my probationary period. I promise to never misrepresent the department in any way and I understand that doing so will result in my immediate removal (( both IC and OOC )). I also understand that I may be removed for any reason deemed suitable by a superior and, if I feel as though a removal is unnecessary, I will take it to a person with a higher ranking inside of the department such as a Chief through a disciplinary hearing, but I promise to not attempt to appeal any decision made against me without the usage of the disciplinary hearing system. I pledge my utmost loyalty to the Red County Fire Department and Fire Chief WALLACE MUNDELL, as well as the rest of Line Officers and Chief Officers.[/justify][/size]

By signing below, I agree to all of the terms above.
SIGNATURE: [img]must%20be%20an%20image%20signature[/img][/size]

[b][u]SECTION E: OOC INFORMATION[/u][/b]

[b]E1:[/b] Master account name: Answer
[b]E2:[/b] Red County Roleplay forum name: Answer
[b]E3:[/b] Real age: Answer

[b]E4:[/b] Screenshot of adminrecord via User Control Panel (redcountyrp.com). DO NOT EDIT THE SCREENSHOT: [spoiler][img]Answer[/img][/spoiler]
[b]E5:[/b] Explanation of any punishments on the prior screenshot: Answer

[b]E6:[/b] Are you part of any other factions? If so, which?: Answer

[b]E7:[/b] Level 3+ Character (/stats):

[b]E8:[/b]Additional Comments: Answer[/font][/divbox]
Fire Chief Wallace Mundell
Red County Fire Department — "In Service of Others"

Serving the Cities of: Blueberry • Dillimore • Montgomery • Palomino Creek • and Unincorporated Areas of Red County

Return to “Careers”